Friday, April 25, 2008

Husbands are stupid!

I realize that statement was not very nice and Dustin is not stupid all the time, but sometimes...
I am at work. Go figure, it's a Friday, bulletins to run off, church calendar for May to get finished. (I am a one woman show on the church office work as well as pastoral duties.)
My brakes are also getting fixed. They needed to be ordered from the last post, so only my oil change was done.
Now, I told him that I would be home after my car was finished or at least that was my plan. Get the office stuff done. Finish up my Sunday sermon. Etc. Etc.
The morning did not go at planned. I locked us out of the house, Dustin had to crawl through the window.
It's freezing cold out, so there is really nothing he can work on without freezing his butt off outside.
Dustin is crabby. Very.
He just called with his wonderfully sunny disposition. Wondering when I would be home. My car is not done. (He grumbled) I'm not done with the calendar (he grumbled)
I have a question. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT TO GO HOME TO THAT!
Other than locking us out of the house this morning, I am at no way at fault for the weather or the speed of my mechanic and why would I want to go home to a crabby husband when I can be in my nice, cheery office enjoying my day, email, and not a crabby husband in sight. Hmmm, you make the call.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

we have to love our husbands...particularly for any annoying, silly or crazy manly traits...and you know why ;)