Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sad day. Why?

I got an email today from a friend from seminary with news about another friend from seminary. My friend Amy's husband Jon passed away. He was 36. He was in good health, it seems he had a mild heart condition that they never knew about and his heart stopped in the night. They hadn't been married two years yet. They have a one year old son, Joseph.
I was told that Amy is okay or as well as could be expected. I wish I could go to the funeral in WI, but I don't think I can make the drive. I also know that the hard part won't be until after the funeral on Thursday and everyone leaves. My plan is to go then, at least that is what plan for now.
Please pray for Amy and Joseph and their family.
I have been asking why about so many things lately. I'm not usually a "why does this happen?" person. But lately. "Why" is my only question.

No comments: