Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Organic yogurt and berries, vanilla latte, a good morning!

I am in the midst of a wonderful treat this morning. Dustin had a meeting in town this morning. I was going to stay home and make a cake for my confirmation class's last day. But the day got better, instead of staying home, I decided to buy a cake at the grocery store. (Much cuter and better than I would make anyway). I am now at one of the coffee shops in Jamestown. I am working on my confirmation class, drinking a vanilla latte, eating this wonderful organic yogurt with fresh organic berries that are wonderfully fresh and yummy. The day is starting well.
Dustin is down the street finding out the fate of his possible job. I don't even think he knows if he wants it anymore. The whole situation feels rather icky to me. Offering it to him and then taking in other options. The owner is going to do what he thinks is best for the company, I just wish he would have looked at all his options before he offered the job so he didn't have to backpeddle. It would have made this all easier. Whatever happens, happens.
After my hospital visit yesterday, I had fun shopping in Fargo. I picked up some things at Lowes and then went around their garden stuff. I am excited to get in my garden this year.
I bought a new digital camera. I think it will be nice to carry in my purse. Dustin's camera is pretty big, from when he was doing photography professionally. The one I got will be a little more practical.
I also found a great new yarn shop on Broadway and while I said I was only going to look and now buy, I walked out with three patterns and 7 skeins of yarn. I think I showed tremendous restraint.
My new spinning wheel is currently still, I need to get more roving. I am planning on getting sheep this year or next spring, so that should eventually make the search for roving a bit easier. I also may like angora goats. I can't decide. Sheep are more affordable so that may be the way to go.
There's the news from Lake Wobe... wait, that's not right. There's the boring news from me...

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

Not boring! It sounds like you had a great day. It still amazes me that you spin your own yarn. I did that once - once - back when I was in Girl Scouts. I always thought the concept was cool, but never really picked up on it.

Thinking about you and Dustin with this job situation. I hope it all works for the best.

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

I can't say I exactly spin my own yarn yet, I'm trying to learn. Some day it will make more sense and maybe the yarn will look decent.