Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday!

It is back to teaching confirmation today. It's been awhile. 4-5 weeks off. Lent and a vacation day have put us behind, but I'm really not concerned, we'll cover what is needed. I better get my lesson put together.
It is synod assembly this weekend and I told the worship committee I'd have stuff together for them by tonight, so I better get that done too.
So, there is a bulk of the day.
I had chapel and a visit at the nursing home this morning. That was fun. After that I grabbed lunch and have been eating in my office trying to catch up.

Oh, and I have a surprise! Friday I get to see Barack Obama speak in Grand forks. YAY Me! and Dustin and the wonderful people we are going to the speech with. I'm so excited.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm so jealous you get to hear Barack!

I went back to church school tonight too. We're going through I Cor. 15. It's kind of fun.

Of course next week we're entering an interesting territory. BigO wants to talk about different aspects of Christianity... Can you be a Christian and practice aspects of other religions? Is there a standard? And if there is a standard to follow - what is that standard?

Then he wants to get into divorce, homosexuality, and other fun topics. Should be interesting. He's already said we need to establish a forum where we can agree to disagree and disagree without being disagreeable. Hmmm...is that ever possible?