Wednesday, December 3, 2008

20 Weeks, 3 Days

I realized the other night that I want to write more about the pregnancy. Not so much for the 5 people who actually read this, but for myself. Just thoughts I have and where I am at during the days.
I use to journal a lot, but I have stopped, but this would be a way to journal and write some and for those who want to come along on this journey, you can read it. I live a pretty boring life, so, reading about it won't be that exciting, but you will get corn harvest updates on a regular basis, especially if we finish...
I was up this morning at about 8:AM when the phone rang. Eric calling and checking on something. Dustin had to work last night, so I had the bed to myself, well, by to myself, I mean, Me, the Dog and the Cat. It was cozy to say the least.
I need to run out to my vehicle this morning, I have one of my miniature Christmas trees out there and would like to get lights on it and up by the fireplace. I have an idea of putting it in my new knitting basket (Thank you Reyna for the basket!) I don't have a lot of knitting stuff in there and I think it would be cute by the mantel.
This morning, baby is not to active. Usually I feel the baby in the morning, but sometimes not. It isn't always noticeable if I am not still because the movement isn't very distinct yet. So, sometimes I notice it more than other times.
Dustin is still at work this morning, so I called with a grocery list. I NEED APPLES. They have been one of my favorite foods lately and it has been three days since I have had one.
I haven't been eating enough, so today I pulled out the check list. I have a pregnancy diet check list and with life being the way it is, I haven't eaten enough.
I lost 15 lbs in my first trimester. Lost another pound in the last month. This really isn't a worry. Because of my weight, if I can keep my weight gain to 15-20 lbs, that would be fabulous. The nurse and I think a lot of it is because I have been eating healthier. Cut down in soda, not eating so much junk food and fat. I have to thank Carol for helping with the eating. Ask yourself if you would feed it to your newborn. Then decide if you should eat it, because you are feeding it to your baby. It's made me very aware of my diet. It really hasn't been bad. The last days I know I haven't gotten enough veggies. So, that is what I need to pay attention to right now. The family is not a huge veggie eating bunch, so to get them, I think I may need to bite the bullet and just make them for myself.
We eat tons in garden season, but winter we slack. I didn't get any carrots this year, so I haven't had my home grown frozen carrots this winter and I miss them. I think I may need to do some vegetable experimentation to get some more in my diet.
Fruits and whole grain, proteins and iron, I'm good. I have been getting the fish servings I should have and have added an Omega 3 supplement (actually readded). I stopped taking it when I had all the morning sickness because fish oil and vomiting didn't mix. Now, I think I can do it again.
I am starting to look a little pregnant. I have been wearing maternity for a long time, but not looking pregnant. I have read that the first pregnancy, some women don't look pregnant until the 6th month. I might be one of them. I have lost weight in my face, but my stomach is starting to round out more. I kinda look like a ball for a head, ball for a body and two sticks for legs.
I know I should take some pictures one of these days, I just don't think about it.
We need to do a Christmas picture soon. As in yesterday, so maybe we'll get there yet.
later all

No comments: