Friday, December 5, 2008

20 Weeks, 5 days--calves and mad mommies!

Today we sorted calves from their cows. The cows were not happy and neither were the calves. We got the calves off the cows and then sorted the calves into their groups. Heifers and bulls. The bulls will go to my bro-in-law's feedlot. The heifers we kepts, will stay here and will become replacement heifers and eventually cows...The circle of life.
I was a bit nervous being in the cow lots. This is probably not considered the safest pregnancy activity. But have no fear. I was given very boring jobs that I couldn't get hurt doing. I also let some animals get past me rather than risk getting too close to them. The risk of getting kicked was going to be kept very low.
Sorting went better than I thought it would. Better than all of us thought it would.
In pregnancy news. (Other than my cow chase workout)
I felt the baby kick. On the outside!
I have been feeling the baby churning inside for a couple weeks now. Today, I totally felt movement with my hand on my stomach. After lunch I had laid on the couch to catch a little nap. I was laying there and my hand was draped across my stomach. I was laying there and all of a sudden. There is was, a little jump. I felt it three times. Nothing since. Just a lot more churning of baby today. But if felt so cool to know that there really is someone in there.

No comments: