Friday, January 4, 2008

2007 complete

I was reading on saramoe's blog about "Mondo Beyondo" it is about completing the year 2007 and it answers some questions.
1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
I started an EMT-basic class. It was intimidating to start something like this. I was good at school, but this has been so much different than the philosophy and theology I have been steeping in for so long.
I joined Curves, I had worked to be proactive about my health in the last two years and his a plateau this year, I think I may have found a way to move beyond and I want to feel healthy, I was feeling so good, I want that endurance back.
I explored my career and life options and now know that where I'm at is really good, not perfect, nthing in life is, but I'm happy.
I went on anti-depressants. I know a wierd thing to acknowlege, but I got help when I needed it and have come out of the darkness with a new strength I didn't know I had. I know that this is something that will always be part of my life, but it is not something I have to face alone.

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
A friendship I cherished ended. Not really by choice, but by circumstances of life. We both changed and our friendship was hurting each other more then building each other up. I miss her terribly. I grieve that we never had a good talk to see where we were at or where we needed to be. I think if something had been said sooner, maybe we would have kept being friends, but we drifted apart. It happens, but it saddens me to the core.
I hardly have picked up knitting needles in the last year, I didn't complete one project. I miss this hobby and I have enough in my yarn stash to start my own store. I grieve that I didn't love myself enough to give myself this time to do something I love.
I grieve that I wasn't as dedicated to my career as I would like or have been. I was struggling with if I was still called to my parish and I distanced myself because of it. I was close to burnout, I have the inventories for Alban to prove it! There were reasons, but I know I could have handled things better.

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
I have made some new friends, I have reconnected with some people that I hadn't talked to in a long time. Dustin and I took a honeymoon and spent some time on ourselves which I love.
I tried to give more to Goodwill and did! I tried some new things and I'm proud of myself for that. I have learned to drive a combine. I have celebrated my first wedding anniversary with the man that I love and am amazed that we have found each other. I declare 2007 complete

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm not sure how I was inspiring. Your year was incredible! I'm in awe of you - taking the EMT class, joining Curves, exploring your vocation, learning to drive a combine(awesome!) and taking charge of your life.

YOU are the inspiration.