Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday afternoon and I want to be home!

It is 35 degrees outside on a beautiful, sunny Sunday afternoon. A group Dustin plays for is having a rehearsal/Christmas party right now. So, here I sit in a livingroom, thankfull with wireless access.
It's such a perfect day, I would rather be home. Not so much because I don't want to be here, but because I could be getting some rest at home and baking and enjoying an afternoon with my hubby just relaxing. I like the people, so there is a bonus. A colleague's wife sings with the group, so his will be here later too and they are wonderful.
I have been testdriving a new vehicle, well, new to me. It's a 95 Toyota 4Runner. It's older than my current Grand Prix. I love my car and we were looking at getting me into another car, but winter gravel roads are leading us to a 4-WD. The roads by our house are not always maintained promptly, or at all. I have harmed one of my exhaust pipes on my car and something from my front spoiler broke off after hitting a hard drift. So, a SUV it is now going to be for me.
It's a bit barebones on options and I'll need to put a CD player in it too. It's pretty low on miles and Toyota's run forever, so it seems like a really good options. They are asking a little lower than book value and once we sell my car, it would be a very economical way to get me into a more practicle vehicle.
We will also have Dustin's vehicle, which is a newer pick-up, so that will be nice.
They are looking at the struts tomorrow and we will decide if we are going to buy it, I think we will, it will be fun to have a reliable vehicle.
Well, the practice seems that it is getting close to being done. I better be done.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? I was at work all day, but was actually able to get out of the office for once. Yesterday the only time I was outside was going to and from my car. Crazy.