Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mondo Beyondo, Pt. 2

Thank you again, moe for sharing...and inspiring me again and go to moe's blog if you want to see where she got hers.

What are my intentions for 2008.
1) I intend to be more healthy in body, mind and spirit. This includes getting exercise more regularily, my energy level is so much better when I do. I will make an appointment with my spiritual director and regular appointments after that. I love my spiritual director, she is a sister at a local convent and this is good for my mind and spirit. It is so amazing having someone who will listen to my spiritual and life struggles and joys and cares about where I see God in my life. She is amazing. Thank you Sister D.
2)It is my intention to carve out time for my interests and hobbies. I haven't knitted in ages and I enjoy it, it's very relaxing. I have gotten a spinning wheel, but I haven't had time to work at it to learn to spin well.
3) I intend to clean out my closets! I have more clothes than is necessary and they would be more useful if they were donated.
4) Dustin and I intend to clean out our attic and make it into our bedroom. We live in the house that Dustin's grandparents lived in and we've made it livable. Dustin's grandma passed away last year and now the stuff that is in the attic needs to be disposed and/or distributed to appropriate family members. When that is done, we will drywall, built closets and storage, carpet and turn it into our bedroom.
5) Dustin and I have the intention of starting a family. We are not getting anxious about this, but will be looking forward to whatever happens, life is good no matter what.
6) I intend to go to the state Democratic convention as a delegate from my district. (The coolest thing about this is I believe that this is going to happen)
7) I intend to take guitar lessons.


After you list your intentions, let's do the list that is truly Mondo Beyondo status. What are the things you are wanting to manifest that are almost too scary to even write down?
1) I want to raise a pair of angora goats. I would love to be able to make yarn out of the angora. I am nervous about this, but I think I would enjoy it. I would like to start first with a couple sheep and see how that goes.
2) I would like to go back to school for mortuary science and become a funeral director. I don't know if I would ever do this. I have a job I enjoy and I don't know if I would ever have the ability to leave my job and go back to school. I don't know if we could afford it and with the farm, being away for major parts of the agricultural year would be hard. I think I would be a good funeral director and it would also be cool to embalm and stuff. It's a crazy intention, I don't know if I will be able to do it, but that's the point of writing them down, right?
3) I would love to write a book of essays or a book on women in ministry and the feeling of being "called." (this is an idea that a friend and I had awhile ago, she is a 2nd career pastor and was in her late 40's when she went to seminary. I am a young pastor.) We would like to write a book about women in ministry and the similarities and difference from our different ages and perspectives in life and how that effects our sense of call and faith.

Well folks, that is all for now. It is late. Dustin is gone tonight. So, it is time to go to sleep.
Good night.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Awesome Cinda! These are great!

And to paraphrase Elle Woods, "Snaps to Cinda!"