Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm sorry I'm MIA, I'm OK

I am sorry to be gone for so long. The funeral on Monday wore me out, then...I had class on Tuesday night and an emergency at church. Just trying to get some things together for the youth group and everyone panicked instead of coming up with a solution and I don't think well when people are yelling...That night I hardly slept and had a panic attack, I'd never had one before (I don't recommend them) All is better. Cooler heads prevailed and I think we've got all the fires out.
I've also been very reflective lately. At the funeral on Monday in the eulogy (which was better and more proclamation of the gospel than I felt about the sermon), our friend who died had recently seen the movie "the bucketlist" and had said that he felt he had done all the things he really wanted to do with his life, there wasn't anything that he hadn't tried that he wanted to try. I had to admire that.
How often do we have all these things we put off or say, I'll do them later? I realize that sometimes we have long range goals that we can't accomplish right now, but have to work up to, for either financial reasons or maybe just the circumstances of life, but it lead to a question. What are the things that I want to do that I can do, right now, or work toward right now, that I have been putting off?
Does anyone else wonder this? Look at things and and life and think life is too short...I should do things that I've been putting off? I'm not trying to be morbid, but I wish I lived life to the fullest and during most weeks lately I feel like I'm just trying to get through the week.
I know it doesn't mean anything to a lot of people, but last night I started knitting again. I pulled out a project that I had had on needles for a long time, I ran out of yarn and needed to get one more skein. It is a baby blanket, an easy pattern, quick, no thinking, garter stitch. I think I may have started making it for someone awhile ago, but I don't remember who it would have been for, the kid is probably in high school now, who knows. It's yellow and cheery and it felt good to start doing something I hadn't done and I had missed, so it's a small step, start knitting again...one thing done.
In other exciting news, I got a new spinning wheel. It is an ashford, 3-4 years old and it is in great shape and I've been working on learning to get better. It is pretty cool. I can't wait to get better at it.
Well, I better get back to work. I have to get some church stuff put together and I have to also study for class tonight. We are picking up our pace in EMT class and are going to meet 2 times per week. It's going to be difficult to do during Lent, but I'll make it. Dustin is going to help me.
I start doing ride alongs next weekend and I'm kind of nervous about it, but I'll do fine, I'll get there.
I better get back to church bulletin and my studying. Doing both to get breaks from the other. We'll see how it works.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I do. I often think about what I'm missing out on, especially when I'm sitting watching the same movie for the 40th time on TBS some weekend. I had to force myself to do things - like get season tickets to the Guthrie so I'll at least go out 8 times a year, knit baby blankets for anyone and everyone (I have a list I need to accomplish), and run a marathon.

My friend Tre actually has a bucket list of her own - actually written down. I've never done that, other than my pseudo resolution blog in January. Maybe I need to do that.

Hey, email me your address at sarammoeATyahoo so I can mail you your t-shirt! CONGRATULATIONS!