Saturday, January 12, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

I believe I have everything together for tomorrow with the exception of the prayer list. i can't find it, but will before I get to bed. I should go in the basement and help Dustin with the ongoing remodeling, I will in a few. I am so droopy and it is only 8:PM. I think I could go to bed right now. What happened to the excitment of Saturday night. Go out, have some fun, maybe go have a few drinks, sometimes a few too many.
Then...I became a pastor. Saturday nights are now meant for making sure that everything is done for church tomorrow. I think I must feel like most people do on a Sunday when they know that Monday is around the corner and good or not, there is a certain amount of ..."I have to go to work tomorrow? No." I love my job, but tonight I am feeling a bit luke warm about it. I'm not feeling luke warm about my faith, the places I serve, just the act of getting in front of people tomorrow. I have a sermon together, but I feel like I have absolutely nothing to say that would matter to anyone. I guess that is where the Holy Spirit comes in, taking what I say and making sure that God's word is heard in spite of me when I know it won't be because of me.
So, tonight I keep spelling and singing S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! and thinking of a different time. It wasn't a better time, just different. I wish for just a little carefree when I wasn't worrying about bills to pay, people to keep happy, projects to keep on track. I am wishing for something a little different, even though I don't know what it would be.
On the other side of things, I have both of my dogs curled up close by, my house is warm and cozy, I got a bunch of laundry done, I'm wearing my comfy slippers and yoga pants, and I'm hearing my husband tinker in the basement through the ducts and every once in awhile he talks to the cat (which I think is adorable) (When he hurts himself he swears and I can't help but laugh at that too!)...I don't think I would ask for anything more on a Saturday night. I think if I was in the pre-pastor life I would be wishing for what I have now.
Either way, tomorrow is Sunday and I need to find my prayer concerns list...
Tomorrow night or possible Monday I will continue my Mondo Beyondo, Pt. 2.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

There are people around here who think I'm crazy for staying home on a Saturday night, watching TV and knitting. But I'm at a place in my life where I am so much happier doing this than I would be out at the bars drinking and dealing with all the social pressures there. But because I'm single people think I should be.

I wonder sometimes if I'm just avoiding the real world and the pressures that come with it. Am I avoiding dating or am i really happy?

I am happy. But convincing others of that takes a little more doing. :)

I, too, sometimes wish for other times, but I also know that my life is good and every little thing in it is good.

Looking forward to reading your MB pt 2!