Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Confirmation and Bible Study

I finished confirmation early today. I couldn't figure out why until the kids reminded me that we started early because we were all there. Good for them. They were quiet today, which saddened me. They are usually such a chatty class, they engage everything well and there are some thinkers in the bunch. I use to dread teaching confirmation. I had some tough classes when I started. I have had a great class the last couple years and have found the joy of teaching jr. high kids. I think if I had a tough class now, I would be better prepared on how to handle them. Maybe I am growing up? I'm not sure how I feel about that right now.
Tonight I have a bible study. That has been very fun. I love the group that shows up and because they are excited to be there, we have fun. So, I am excited about the night.
Tomorrow is the monthly conference clergy/leaders gathering. I am looking forward to it. I haven't been to one since September. I have had funerals or other commitments, so it will be fun to touch base with friends.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Sadly, I think we are growing up. I found myself tonight really thinking about Genesis differently and found that I wasn't speaking up just to talk, but really trying to think out my questions/comments and draw more discussion. I feel old now.

OH well...glad you had a good night!