Sunday, January 27, 2008

Long week!

It has been a long week. Our neighbor passed away from a heart attack in his sleep. His wife is also a cousin of Dustin's and we were close. Dustin sang with this guy in a gospel quartet. He was 67 and very active, so it was a bit of a shock.
Dustin has to sing at the funeral and I don't know how that will go, I think it will be difficult, but he'll make it through. I'm a little worried about him. It's just hard.
The prayer service is tonight and funeral tomorrow morning. Dustin stayed home from church because it was going to be a long day. My in laws bought the guy's cows, so they are moving them today because it is supposed to get cold tomorrow. (As in like really cold!)
I have to go to our conference assembly in Jamestown. It's to select from the bishop candidate nominations to nominate 7 from the several. That will be interesting, but my heart isn't in it.
I preached a great sermon today, even if I do say so myself. Sometimes you know if you got it right. I know my sermons are proclamation of the gospel, but sometimes you know your delivery was spot on too. (It was a great feeling to see eyes light up) YAY Holy Spirit.
I better head home. I was finishing some church stuff up and assumed I wouldn't get a chance to write if I didn't do it now.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you even though I missed the funeral today.

Have fun at the assembly. I don't envy you on that one.

Great job on the sermon! You should start a separate blog with your sermons there so i can read them and be inspired. :)