Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good Friends

What a great night! I had dinner tonight at Bab's Coffee House, which I love. I had never eaten there before, I can highly recommend the wraps on the vegan section of the menu. I had this wonderful humus, sprout, cucumber and tomato and a bit more thing. It was wonderful. The best part of the night was good conversation with a new friend, who I hope becomes a good friend. Thank you K, it was a great time. I am always amazed how sometimes you can meet people and feel like you have found a kindred spirit who has the same love of fun and life as you, in the best of times and the worst of times, you know that person will persevere and you like to think of yourself the same way.
I have a funeral on Saturday. I don't know the deceased, I think I had met him once, I know some of his family. The family has planned a very personal funeral as far as music and the like. I'll put the service together after the prayer service tomorrow night once I hear everyone's stories.
I miss Dustin tonight, this is the only night works this week, yet, I wish he was here. I guess it is a good thing that I miss my husband, right?
I started a new program at Curves today as well. Their smart training program, I think I will like it because of the accoutability and the challenge to get better. I don't make New Year resolutions, but I do feel like I am getting a good new start to taking care of my health. I really want to be healthier. My bp and other things are good, but I know I have risk factors and want to take care of them. It was exciting to feel motivated again.
Well, I must sleep. My eyes are starting to droop.
Good night all.

1 comment:

Kari said...

hey Cinda,

We need to hang out again! Love the blog!!