Thursday, May 29, 2008

A good ending to a tough start

So, even though I had a tough start. The day ended up being great. IT RAINED! Not a lot, but it was needed so badly and it has been misting ever since, so a good soak is appreciated.
The best news of the day. I booked my plane tickets to D.C. I am visiting the lovely Carol Aimee and her wonderful children, Colin, Erin, and new baby girl (name still being debated). Oh, I guess Mark will be there too, sorry Mark. I am excited to teach the kids the proper way to play with a farm set. I am going to cook Carol wonderful food too. She is going to help me put together a scrap book.
I don't scrap book, but was given an entire scrap book with paper and stickers and accessories for our wedding, it is of course, all wedding related. I thought of regifting it to someone, but as I don't know any other women who do this, it doesn't seem like the gift that would keep giving, more like the gift that keeps regifting. Anyway. Carol said if I brought the stuff, she would love to help me. She has all the scrapbooking toys, so that will be good.
I am looking forward to this laid back, hang out with my friend trip. I'm sure to other people it would be completely boring, but Carol and I can talk for days and never get board.
I spent plenty on my ticket, but considering prices lately I got a steal and only have to drive 17 miles to the local airport. I did the map with driving further and it was cheaper to not drive and go from home.
YAY. I get a vacation.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

If you only knew a planned visit to me would bring rain I bet I'd have seen you much earlier ;) So EXCITED to see you!