Sunday, May 4, 2008

"I'm glad you came out tonight."

It was a bit of a bumpy afternoon on the farm today, but it ended well. After having to lay under the corn planter pounding on bolts and getting really dirty. After getting the airseeder filled again so Dustin could go to the riverbottom, it ended up being a nice ending to the day.
Dustin went to seed the riverbottom field and asked if I could bring him food. So, I scavenged for food in my MIL's house and came up with a sandwich for each of us, a cinnamon roll to share and a squirt. I decided to ride in the tractor with Dustin while he was seeding. I hadn't done that forever, just gone out and rode with him, in the first weeks and even the year of our engagement, that use to be a date, it sometimes would be the only way we could see each other.
As we were driving the tractor back and forth and he was explaining the finer points of driving the airseeder and tractor, he got very serious.
"I'm glad you came out tonight. You know however bad a day goes, you are always the one that makes it better. You know me and you love me and you are always there for me. I'm glad that we are in this together."
It was a little mushy, but I have to say, this is one of the reasons I love this man. He isn't scared to be mushy sometimes, he tells me he loves me and he tells me how important I am to him. I realize lately that we have formed a great partnership, a loving marriage, a bond that I come to cherish more all the time.
I realize that when I have a bad day, I want him to be the one at the end of mine too.

No comments: