Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's fun to surprise someone!

My mom was so surprised when I came into the house. She didn't see me pull into the drive, so she was in the kitchen and very confused when Molly went running in and jumped all over her. We didn't do too much of anything. We sat around and visited and walked around the garden to see what was finally growing. My dad gave the dog hair cuts and baths, they are are a lot cuter. I stopped in my home town on the way home to get local potatoes, they are sooooo good. I came home late yesterday afternoon. I stopped in Jamestown to have a pie at Perkins with Dustin and then I came home and got dishes in the dishwasher put away and got some supper ready. I made grilled fish with lemon and capers, rice with herbs and garlic, and rhubarb bars that my mom sent home with me.
Today I am home and will help when Dustin gets home from town. I want to clean up the kitchen and living room a bit. I have dishes to take out of the dishwasher and some papers to go through. I also want to get the bedroom clean and laundry figured out. Since our washing machine plumbing isn't right, I'll need to do a few loads at my inlaws' today. We are not sure how we are going to solve the plumbing problem yet. Apparently a front load can not be plumbed the same way as a top load because it uses so much less water. By the way, the idiot repairman's solution was for us to buy another new washer. Ummm, no, we'll just figure out the better way to plumb it. He was an absolute jerk. He was condescending and arrogant, just annoying. He figured out my problem, but really, that's about all.
Well, I better get to it.
later all

No comments: