Thursday, May 15, 2008

I went for the desert! I was denied

I went to the nursing home today to represent my church at a volunteer appreciation. I thought it was at 12:30, but it wasn't in my planner, so I went to church to check the letter. The letter said 2:30. So, I did some work, getting everything for Sunday ready, except for the sermon. So, I went at 2:30 and there were no volunteers there, no dessert. The volunteer coordinator wasn't there. There was a program for residents going on, so I couldn't find out what was going on, so I left. So, I went for the desert, instead, I went to the bank, I ran to the store, I went home. I went and road with Dustin in the tractor. Eric and Clarissa came out and Clarissa wanted a tractor ride, so she did that and then I brought her and Eric to our house so she could feed the chickens. They just left and now I am going to go back out to the tractor.
Good news on the travel front. I believe that I can go see my friend Carol in July. I'm planning on leaving the 12th and hopefully can stay for a week or nine days. So far, I think I have found a reasonably priced ticket, so Washington, DC, here I come. YAY me!

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

Seriously, my hormonal self can't take such a rollercoaster of emotions all in one post...the saddness of dessert gone wrong followed by the glee of coming to see me!?! It's too much. I may have to go eat icecream to calm down. :)
But you know I've got fingers crossed for a visit that works out and can't wait to hear more as you know it.