Thursday, March 19, 2009

The closer I am to fine.

The title of the Indigo Girls song seems to express my mood tonight best.
Mom and dad varnished for me most of the day. The varnish was too much for me, so I instead mostly did laundry in the basement. I got quite a bit done. I have one load left in the dryer and one in the washer. I'll definitely get the dryer one folded, but I'm not sure about what's in the washer moving to the dryer.
I also got some of the baby clothes washed. I feel a little ahead of the game with that one today. Yay for me.
I am in awe of the fact that we are looking at about a month to my due date. Baby turned back to proper position today. Head down, butt in the air. I can tell because I can't feel the head and butt on each side of my abdomen. Right now. Feet are again kicking up, I can feel the butt at the top of my stomach and I've got the worst heartburn. The baby is still lower, I can tell because I can still breath fairly well. I can't believe we are at this stage already. In a week and a half I will be at 37 weeks, which means that the baby could come any time and I would be considered full term. CRAZY.
I am starting to feel more calm and panicked at the same time. I am feeling like in the next days, I'll be able to start putting the house back together and I can start to get ready for our son. I also am panicking because...Did I mention we are getting ready to meet our son?!?!
There are going to be so many changes and they are going to happen so quickly. I thought we'd be ready by now, but I also know that we won't be ready...ever! We will do what first time parents have always done. Tried to prepare as best as they could and then...wing it. We'll do the best we can.
So, as life goes, I'm closer to fine. We're getting there anyway.
Tomorrow, we get the carpet. I'll hopefully finish mudding the drywall in the stairwell and maybe by evening we can prime it. After primer...we have texture and paint. I will be so proud of us if we have it done before the carpet installer. That might move me past fine and move me onto spendid.
I have more pictures that I will have to get downloaded one of these days. More pictures of the remodel. I will have pictures of the room with furniture in it soon.
I also have some pictures of baby stuff. My mom made a quilt and finished another preprinted blanket that I had bought. She also brought a crocheted afghan that was mine when I was a baby. It's yellow and it came with matching booties. It's pretty cute. I also might show some of the great clothes that I just picked up. These things make me closer to fine too.
I'm not very philosophical. I do know that this is a nice corner to turn. Fine. In the midst of all the chaos that has been swirling around us. Fine sounds pretty good. I'm glad I'm this much closer. I might even be there already.

No comments: