Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The week (or why I might go crazy and yet be thankful at the same time.)

I am home today, Dustin is stuck working for most of the week. This is not convenient since the carpet guy comes on Monday to install the carpet.
My parents came to help yesterday, before we knew the entire schedule problem. I am directing the chaos, but it really is a bit stressful. Dustin was a bit testy last night. I had to go to a class, so I didn't get home until late.
I ordered the blinds for the bedroom today. Some will come right away, I had to custom order a few and those will be 5 weeks. Please refrain from looking through those windows for the next month or two.
My dad put up some drywall in the stairwell and I believe has started mudding it. We'll see how that goes, it is not his talent.
My mom is varnishing and staining. I am sanding the endcaps for the stairs.
This will get done, but it is driving me crazy.
We are going to church tonight, so it will be a early night, which is nice.
In other news. My Toyota is in the shop again. An unrelated problem to the engine, but showed up after the new engine. Another $400 and then I shall be mobile again.
I had an OB appointment yesterday. Baby is doing awesome. He was laying horizontally lately, but the doctor is not worried about it yet, so I refuse to. The baby has been moving a lot yet, so I know that baby has been head down some too.
My blood pressure is up a bit, but not bad. 136/80. I'm not concerned. My systolic has been in the 120 range most of the time.
Next week I go back and will go back once a week until I have the baby.
It's very exciting to be this close.
My parents brought the cradle this visit, so I'm excited to get the bedroom set up so I can the the other baby stuff set up. This is fun!
In other news. We went to prenatal classes at the hospital Monday. Um. My husband is a medic, I'm an EMT. This class was not helpful. I actually wanted to go mostly for the breathing exercises, but she wasn't good at teaching them, so it was a waste of a good night of work on the house. Oh well. We may go back next week. We'll tour the labor and delivery unit. That wouldn't be bad. The next part is infant cpr. We're both CPR certified, so maybe we'll leave when we get to that part.
I better get back to work.

No comments: