Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another night away from home and one more tonight.

I went to a class at the hospital last night with one of the hospital's breastfeeding consultants. The class was really good. I had a lot of questions and they were answered, which was good. I have read some about breastfeeding, but having a face to face person was helpful. It is a little bit less intimidating now. It's also nice to know that there is support in the hospital to help me. The hospital is very supportive of mothers who want to breastfeed and I like the consultant I met. I know the other one from college as well, so that is nice.
Tonight I am going to EMT-I class. We get to start learning IV's tonight. We first practice on model arm made for teaching IV's. After we get comfortable on that and have a certain number of successful starts then we get to start practicing on each other and other willing victims, I mean "volunteers." I offered up my arm to several paramedic and EMT-I students from previous classes, so I figure they now owe me.
I got home last night to bad news. Nothing earth shattering, but disappointing. Our dishwasher is broken. It stopped draining this week and last night Dustin tried to figure out the problem, unfortunately it looks like we will need to make a call to the repairman. It seems to be a problem with the pump that empties the washer when it is finished with its wash cycle. So, I have to wash dishes by hand for a couple days. Ugh, but not the worse thing in the world.
Sorry to not post pictures of the remodel. I have misplaced the camera. Actually, Dustin brought it to work to show pics off and now I think it is in the pickup somewhere. I promise they will be posted soon.
Tomorrow Tyler is coming out and he and Dustin are going to work on finishing the drywall in the stairwell. That should be super! I can't wait to get closer to done. It's so exciting!
Well, I better get to the dishes. They won't wash themselves, they use to, but not now. Later

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey .. do you have hard water.. we did until we got a softener and I talked to the appliance dealer.. he said they could put some acid thru it to clean out the unit .. which "only " would cost $100.. I got a bunch of hardwater cleaner, CLR and ran it thru real strong.. after a couple of times my dishwasher drained.. just a thought.. I LOVE my dishwasher... didn't have one until we built our house , so i really appreciate it. as I'm sure you really do now.. good luck..

Kris Piehl said...

Hey....just ordered a dishwasher on Monday! After 12 years, ours died. Good thing we have ball games so we don't have near as many dishes! ;-) Take care!

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

hancock.Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to be a problem with the pump, so not clogged. I wish it was an easier fix.

Kris. Hope all the ballgames are letting you guys spend some family time together. Hope to see you soon.