Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taking a break in the action.

I'm exhausted tonight. I have been doing some mudding upstairs. Dustin is at work until tomorrow night, so I'm hoping to have the room ready for the primer when Dustin gets home. I am only able to work for so long at a time and then I have to take a break. It's a bit frustrating for me.
Anyway. I thought I'd show everyone what we've been up to with the remodel.

This is the dormer we added to the east side of the house to the attic. Dustin, my dad and Tyler did most of the work. They did a great job. It still needs siding.


This is the dormer from the inside. Early on in the attic remodel project. It added some great space. When it is finished it will have built in bookshelves under the windows. There are recessed lights going in and some pendant lights will be hung in the right corner. There will be a chair for reading and the crib will most likely be along the left wall. It is bigger than it looks in the picture.


This is the inside framing for the windows on the south side of the house. The windows make the room very light. As you will see soon.


These are the windows installed. You can't tell the light comes in because I took the picture in the evening, but you should later on.


This is when we cut the hole in the floor for the stairwell.


Here my dad and Dustin were building the stairs. It took Dustin and I a long time to come up with the measurements of rise and run to make the stairs work and we still had a few adjustments as they went up. But they are usable now.


Here is Dustin during insulating the stairwell.

This is the doorway into the bedroom at the top of the stairs. It will have a french door.
Here is where we are right now. Finishing up mudding the drywall. It was some work to get it measured and up. We found out just how out of square our house it. There are a lot of corners to mud, so it has taken quite a bit of work, patience, and endurance. Hopefully tomorrow we can get up some of the primer.

So, there you have it. Our progress. Hopefully new pictures by the end of the week because we should be ready to maybe paint and start staining the woodwork.
Good night.

No comments: