Monday, February 9, 2009

Only 10 weeks to go! I want to decorate and stuff!

I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we are approximately 10 weeks away from being parents. That gets pretty overwhelming considering I don't think I'm capable of taking care of my dogs. (House breaking still sucks!)
I have a strong urge to really get ready for the baby. Clean the house. Decorate a place for the baby. Get stuff ready. But with the remodeling upstairs, I can do nothing. Cleaning is pointless, we have so much sawdust and sheetrock dust flying that it is fruitless. I clean up the kitchen floor a bit at night, but that's about all that happens. I dust off or wash off the counters for cooking and meals, but that is about all I can do. My mom says when the project is done she will come for a couple days and help me clean up the house. Thank goodness. By then, I will be running out of time.
I have stuff to decorate with, but there is no place to put it yet.
Today. I opened the car seat and stroller. I put the stroller together. Read about the carseat. Learned that it is less difficult to strap an astronaut into the space shuttle than an infant in a car. I need to figure out where to order the second car base from. I'm sure it was in there somewhere, but I didn't see it. I'll look closer later.
Dustin thought I was nuts to get it out. In many ways he is right. We had more room for the box than for the whole setup opened. But, he also said, "It makes you happy, so it's good." I really do like the stroller and car seat I picked out.
I'm bummed that I can't help more upstairs, I feel like I am in the way. I was studying for class tomorrow, but I've kinda run out of that too.
I could work on supper, but don't know when anyone wants to eat. We had lunch earlier, so I'll wait a little while.
So, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. Not really able to go forward. Not really able to do anything in the present.
I was busy working on taxes for the last days, so I felt useful. Today. Not so much. Just a lot of facebook time.
I can't wait until stuff on the room gets close to being able to decorate and put the bedroom together. I can't wait until we order a new bed. That will be heaven. Our backs are killing us in our worn out bed. I'm struggling with my back already, so I have a terrible time getting comfortable.
The weather still sucks and it will be sucking for the next couple days. I'm hoping if I have class tomorrow night that Dustin will drive me. I'm sure he will. We might end up canceling, I wouldn't be surprised. We are suppose to get more rain and then 4-8 inches of snow on top of it, and more rain. It's going to be ugly. It's ugly already.
Well, I think I will go pretend to be productive.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

carseat base: go to the manufacturer's website or Babies R Us. The latter is easier for us but I'm guessing not all that accessible for you? BRU has pretty much everyone under the sun in stock so if you could get to a store between now and Dday that would surely be the easier option.

Love the astronaut comment. Sad how true that is.