Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a boy!

Today we had an ultrasound and the baby revealed himself. It's a boy. YAY! I had a feeling it was a boy and I was right. A lot of people thought it was a girl. Fast heartbeat, the way i was carrying.
Today, it was very obviously a boy. So, the question is answered.
Dustin is totally excited to have a boy first. Both of us would have been fine with either a boy or girl, but Dustin really wanted a boy first. We'll have a girl eventually.
I had to buy some boy clothes today to celebrate the occasion. I got some great carter sleepers and they are blue and adorable. I also got a great sleeper that has monkeys all over it. It will match the great monkey hat that Reyna got him.
As I have been on this journey so many things have made this more real as time has progressed. The first ultrasound, seeing the baby in there and seeing the heartbeat. It seemed more real.
When I felt the first flutters inside my tummy and could feel the baby in there, it was more real. The first time I could feel the kicking and put Dustin's hand on my abdomen and he could feel it kicking too, that made things more real.
Watching my stomach get bigger, a little depressing, but it was more real.
Today, seeing an image and being able to say, that is my son. That made it very real. I'm going to be a mom to a little boy. Wow. I can't wait, but I will, I have many weeks to go.

No comments: