Sunday, February 8, 2009

Very productive weekend! And did I mention it's a boy!

We have gotten so much done this weekend, on so many fronts.
My mom and dad came to help us on Saturday with the bedroom. 12 sheets of the drywall went up. Stairs continued to be build and this evening, they were finally made walkable, I no longer have to go up the attic ladder, which is good because I have been having trouble getting up the attic latter the last couple days.
There is finish work on the stairs, of course, but they are done for now. Dustin and my dad worked so hard on them, There was so much work, so much measuring, so much figuring out how to make it work. It is going to be great. I am so excited for the whole room to come together.
I was not able to help with a lot of the weekend work. There was too much heavy lifting and lifting above my head, so I was downstairs most of the weekend, working on taxes. I have a couple phone calls to make tomorrow to double check some things, but for the most part. D-U-N. We meet with the accountant on Wednesday and that should be it. I am feeling pretty proud to not be stressing out.
Tomorrow, I will finish getting caught up on class and in the evening I am supposed to go to a breastfeeding class at the hospital. With the weather the way it is, we'll see what happens.
Dustin got called into work tonight, so hopefully he will get home safely soon.
It started raining a couple hours ago. We are looking at two days of freezing rain and snow on top. It is going to be horrible. They are even talking power outages because of the ice. I hope they are wrong, but it isn't starting that way.
My mom and dad were going home tomorrow, but I have a feeling that they will be staying at least one extra day with this weather. That's okay, it's fun to have them here.
It has really started to sink in that the baby is coming soon and it became very real for Dustin when we found out it was a boy.
This reality is starting to sink in with me too. I know nothing about boys! I know it will be okay, I'll learn as I go, but it really is something that freaks me out sometimes. Actually, the whole parenthood thing freaks me out sometimes. I guess it is supposed to, I think I might be weird if it didn't. I think wrapping my mind around this was a big part of my weekend too.
Tomorrow, I am going to also put together the stroller and look over the car seat, just for fun. I got it awhile ago, but it has been in the box.
It was a good weekend. I can see so much progress. I am so excited for the bedroom to be finished, for the baby to come, I am so excited.

No comments: